The Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag is a universal bag geared towards Dual Sport bikes, and smaller adventure bikes. It is small in size, but big on functionality.
It has the same rugged and durable construction as all of Wolfman’s other motorcycle luggage bags.
Wolfman is a family-owned and operated company in Colorado who have been designing motorcycle luggage for over 20 years.
The designers test and use the bags themselves every day, so what you get is a really high-quality product specifically designed for your needs.
Here are the top 4 things to consider when choosing a Tank Bag:
- Waterproof or can be made waterproof
- Map pocket on top
- Quick easy removal if leaving the bike unattended
- Doesn’t hinder your movement in off-road riding
The Wolfman Enduro tank bag is the second smallest in a lineup of tank bags which includes:
- Enduro Pocket: 1 Liter
- Enduro: 6 Liters
- Expedition: Expandable 6.5 Liters to 7.5 Liters
- Black Hawk: 8 Liter
- Explorer Light: Expandable 13 Liters to 16 Liters
- Large Expedition: Expandable 12 Liters to 14 Liters
- Rainier: 17 Liters to 20 Liters
- Product: Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag
- Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Capacity: 6.0 Liter/366 cu.in.
- Waterproof: Water Resistant (Rain cover or internal liner available)
- Construction: 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon
- Warranty: Limited on Manufacturing defects
- Dimensions: Length:9″/23cm, Width: 5 1/2″/14cm, Height Front: 7 3/8″/19cm, Height Rear: 8 1/2″/21.5cm
- Heavy Duty #10 YKK zipper
- Foam structure to provide ‘Soft Rigidity’ keeps your bag in shape when not full.
- 4 point quick release universal mounting system. You can remove the bag in a few seconds.
- Removable exterior map pocket. You can just take it with you when you leave your bike.
- Outside Mesh pocket to the rear. Handy for quick access to items.
- Non-scratch, non-skid bottom. This means you won’t scratch your tank, and it stays in place.
- Reflex webbing accents for nighttime visibility. Always good to be seen at night.
- Interior zippered mesh pocket (ideal for your phone) & key clip, so you don’t lose your keys.
- Made in the USA
What You Get
The Enduro Tank Bag is the same construction as all their other tank bags, just smaller. This means you can move around on the bike and not notice its even there.
The construction is the same 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon that is used on all Wolfman tank bags.
It is rigorous and durable enough to handle anything a Dual Sport rider can throw at it.
The base of the bag is a skid-proof and scratch-proof design, with the four-point universal mounting system. The four flaps are to make sure the straps and buckles don’t rub on the tank and damage the paintwork.
On the top is the removable map pouch which is also ideal for your mobile phone or GPS unit or a good old-fashioned paper map.
Under the pouch, there are two mounting harnesses with D hooks. These harnesses work with attaching an array of accessories in Wolfman’s lineup.
Inside the bag, there is an additional zippered pocket on the underside of the lid, which is ideal for a wallet or phone, and there is a key clip at the back.
On the rear of the bag there is an external pouch and carry handle, but the pouch has no zipper, so be careful not to carry valuables in there.
There is a weather resistant flap over the main YKK zipper, but the bag is not 100% waterproof in itself.
Ideally, you can use the waterproof Rain Cover that is available to slip over the entire bag.
There is also available a 100 % Waterproof Liner which fits inside the bag in a similar way to the Wolfman saddlebag Dry Bag Liners.
The harness is a universal four-point quick release mounting system.
There is a back mount and a front mount. The front mount simply goes around the bikes steering stem, and the rear mount goes around two different frame rails.
Installation is a breeze, so once the harness is mounted on your bike, you can simply pop the four buckles to take the bag wherever you want to go, hotel or campsite, and leave the harness on the bike. There is a shoulder strap which is also available for the bag.
The harness is the same as the smaller Wolfman Enduro pocket, so for shorter rides, you can simply put the Enduro Pocket on the same harness.
- Refueling is not affected by the bag’s position
- Quick easy removal with 4 snap buckles
- Interchangeable mounting with the smaller Enduro Pocket.
- The bag is not completely waterproof in itself
- Foam structure has been reported to lose some of its rigidity after being soaked. (not a problem if using the Rain Cover)
The Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag, being the second smallest in Wolfman’s range of tank bags is the ideal size for the Dual Sport or Enduro rider that wants to carry the bare necessities, but still be up for some aggressive riding without feeling constricted by the tank bag.
Maybe you just don’t like riding with a backpack, but still want to have a place for your wallet, phone, keys, a few snacks and maybe spare goggles or gloves.
As with all Wolfman bags, they are designed by the same people who use them every day, so you know you’re getting something practical and usable, built with the rugged durability that we have come to expect from Wolfman products.
Do you use a Wolfman Tank bag? Please feel free to share your thoughts with readers below.